So the holidays are over and you’re stuck with a refrigerator full of leftovers. Sound familiar? After all the planning, cooking and clean up, the last thing you want to do is cook, right? Think again! We’ve gathered together all the most popular leftover Thanksgiving turkey recipes in one collection. Plus, we’ve added a lot more recipes that put a new twist on some of those old favorites and other recipes that don’t bear any resemblance at all to the old standbys.
We’ve all heard of after-holiday turkey recipes like Turkey Tetrazzini or Turkey Soup, but how about a Penne Pesto Turkey Salad? Instead of a plain old turkey sandwich, why not put together something just as easy, but really spectacular—like a Turkey Cranberry Wrap.
Those are just a few examples of the gourmet food you can make right in your own kitchen with turkey leftovers. You won’t believe the variety! And they’re all easy and delicious. Just look at a few examples:
- Pesto Turkey Spaghetti: Combine store-bought pesto, veggies and turkey to make a scrumptious after-holiday dish that tastes like it came from your favorite Italian restaurant.
- Couscous Turkey Salad: Who says turkey has to be boring? This delicious and healthy salad will rival anything you can buy from an expensive deli.
- Turkey Enchiladas: From the rich cream sauce to the cheesy top layer, there’s only one word to describe this recipe—yummm!
- Greek Turkey Salad: Feta cheese and greek olives team up with fresh vegetables for an unbeatable combination.
- Curried Turkey Salad Sandwich: Never thought of using curry with turkey? Wait till you try it!
This is NOT your mother’s turkey recipe collection! We’ve included recipes for every meal—from breakfast to lunch to dinner to snack time—and nearly every combination of leftovers imaginable. These recipes don’t just use up your leftover turkey, but every other leftover that may be sitting in your refrigerator looking for a home. And if it’s ethnic food you like, you’ve come to the right recipe collection—from Italian to Mexican to Greek to Indian to Chinese. We’ve even included Southern and Creole recipes.
Let’s face it, in this economy none of us can afford to waste our food. Going out to eat is more expensive than ever. But with this recipe collection, you won’t have to waste anything and you won’t have to pay the bill and tip the waiter! You also don’t have to be an expert in the kitchen. Each of these turkey recipes is intended for REAL people, not television chefs. And the ingredients are basic and easy to find—in fact, you probably have most of them in your kitchen right now.
So what are you waiting for? Get ready for the holidays AND the days AFTER the holidays with our leftover turkey recipe collection. Your friends and family with thank you once they dig into one of these delicious dishes. And you’ll have the peace of mind in knowing that you’re saving money. Now that’s what we call a win-win!
Martha’s other title covering holiday drink recipes can also make a great stocking stuffer!